Thursday, January 19, 2006

Travelblog - Dublin


Nice place, nice people.
Super high security at the airport, shoes off, belts off through the metal detector
- not seen it that strict anywhere else in Europe.
Not even in Heathrow just after 9/11

They really don't want dodgy people to leave the country!

Anyway - good for them, makes my flight a safer experience.

Started reading Air Babylon. Now I'm a slow reader, but I'm really loving this book. Recommended to anybody who's ever been through an airport.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to take my shoes off at Bergamo airport.

well, my boots.

My steel toe-capped boots.

That was when I found out they had steel toe caps - I'd had no trouble going through Luton in the other direction... They made me take my (imitation leather with only a bit of metal) belt off too.

Monday, March 27, 2006 1:50:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home