Monday, July 03, 2006

TravelBlog - Harry Ramsdens Guiseley

What's so special about going for fish and chips? I hear you ask.

Well, as a Yorkshireman, I'm proud to tell you that I can remember going to "Harry's" in Guiseley long before it was the Corporate super-giant it is now.

In my day it was just a posh chippy up the road!

Interestingly enough, and not very well known or signposted, around the back of main Harry Ramsdens restaurant stands the original Harry's hut. Though I'm not old enough to have queued up at Harry's hut - unlike my parents!

Harry's fish and chips has a secret recipe for their batter, which does taste really good. Although friends in the food industry have told me what they think it is, I still have have some allegence to Harry's even though they are a Corporate Super Giant - so I will not share the secret with anyone!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Down south "Harry Ramsden's can't even manage to do a chip butty.

Disgusted, of somewhere down south.

Friday, October 06, 2006 9:44:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am Harry Ramsdens granddaughter and I can assure you that since the business was bought by the clowns who tried to turn it into some kind of McDonalds it is not the same nor does it serve the same Fish and Chips, My grand father wanted a place where eveyman could feel like he was in the ritz while still having good old fish and chips.

Monday, March 23, 2009 10:34:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home